Thursday 14 January 2021

 Thoughts for the day.

14th January 2021

It's too easy to allow our imagination to take us down dark roads when we're isolating from the outside world.

I have always had a tendency to overthink; sometimes this can be a positive thing, sometimes not. So my thought today is 'Don't borrow trouble.' On recently re-reading the Anne of Green Gables box set, it was Anne's adopted mother - Marilla Cuthbert who gave this advice to Anne after she had allowed her imagination to take her down a very dark road.

Now when I start  to overthink  an old memory and take it to a place it doesn't needed to be - I stop myself by recalling Marilla's words

No comments:

Post a Comment

Metamorphosis and moving on

On retiring from teaching late 2021, I found myself in a liminal state of uncertainty. From the mad, hectic and oh so busy life of teaching,...